So, tonight I made a casserole off the top of my head. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. This one was good, really, really good! I didn’t measure, but I did try to keep semi-track of what I did. If it doesn’t look right when you try it, just adjust something. So, here goes the recipe for, dum, de dum, dum!
Gluten Free Leftover Rice Casserole!
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (cooked with about 1 Tbls. of seaweed chopped up, any kind you like)
- 1/2 block of Velveeta-style processed cheese chopped into smallish cubes(yes, I know it’s not good for me, but come on, a girls gotta get her kids to eat the green stuff!)
- 2 cups chopped up real small cooked broccoli and cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 -10oz. can diced spicey tomatoes, liquid and all
- Pre-heat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into greased casserole pan, pat flat, and put in oven. Bake 45min. or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Remove and let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
~Jordana Heath, Kitchen Queen 🙂
That’s all folks, easy as pie. Easier, actually. Try it, it’s good!