Ok, this morning I made this recipe for muffins, and it was so very good I wanted to share. It is out of a cookbook, but one I would recommend wholeheartedly. It also uses a flour mix just for quick breads in the book, and I don’t want to put everything here since this belongs to someone else, but you can get the book. Well worth the money! The cookbook is “The Best Gluten-free Family Cookbook” by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt. You can get it on amazon.com pretty reasonable.
- 2 1/2 cups quick bread mix
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup veg. oil
- In a bowl, mix the flour mix, chocolate chips, cocoa, and zest.
- In a mixer bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then add the dry stuff and stir until just combined.
- Pour mix into well greased muffin tins. Heat oven to 350 °F, then bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Mine stuck to the pan really bad, but they still tasted heavenly! My children loved them, they were filling, and went great with some fresh fruit and this mornings goat milk! I have not had a single recipe out of this cookbook series not turn out well, and the whole family usually like anything I make out of them, and so do non gluten-free guests!