I unmolded some of my soap yesterday. The lavender one was still pretty soft, and I couldn’t get it to release from the shaped molds, but the larger blocks were okay. I think I should have waited to do a shaped mold with it until I could re-batch it. On the other hand, the recipe I created is looking good so far. It is firmer, with an earthy or fresh baked nut muffin smell. I didn’t use any essential oils in it, just nutmeg and cinnamon, so it’s scent will be more mild.
So, that’s what I have been working on in between canning peach jam (which kept me busy all day). At this point I really like the Almond Honey soap, but the lavender bar isn’t quite like I wanted. I will know better in a few weeks. Soap is not something that gives instant gratification! 🙂 If the Almond Honey tuns out well I will share the recipe, but beware…I used a heck of a lot of oils!