Our son broke the screen door on the back of our house. Unfortunately, it is very old, and the frame an odd size. The rain was getting in and swelling and damaging the frame and floor, so we had to do something. Out of money to buy something, and no time fora special order anyhow, I decided to build a replacement out of as many things I could scavenge as possible. Here is what I came up with.
I used peg construction, drilling holes and driving in doweling that I glued in place. I caulked everything, and am working on the painting still. The neighbor had a piece of molding with a lip just the right size to edge the top and middle and hold the window in place. I like it!